After several attempts to install BRITE 1.1.2, failing into an error proclaiming that postgres RDBMS Service was not started, I ended up working on a WinXP Pro Virtual Machine trying it again.
Inadvertadly I found out that the Installer sets up a Postgres User to Windows (the Badge showed after Restarting…)
I restarted the Installation hoping… and bingo it went through …. at least that bottleneck.
Now I converted/copied the VM to a larger Medium and increased hard-disk Size.
But befor i do. I´ll delete the remainders of BRITE Services. With the Tip brian cryer from http://www.cryer.co.uk/brian/windows/howto_nt_das.htm pointed out.
I´ll report back.